2018 Gifts for Animal Lovers
Well, as promised, I’m back with a third (and final!) gift guide. This particular guide focuses on companies that actually give back to animal welfare organizations. So, while the items may not scream “omg ANIMALS!” you can give any of these gifts to anyone who wants to support rescue efforts.
I thoroughly researching companies that donate a portion of their sales to animal welfare organizations. Surprisingly, it was somewhat tough to find items that I liked that also donated. I suppose that’s why I started my own merchandise line, eh?
Bonus: Majority of the gifts below are from small businesses. So, you are shopping small and supporting in a big way!
1. Adopt a sloth – Yep. We all know someone who is obsessed with these slow-moving creatures. You can virtually adopt one and, bonus, your friend also gets an adorable stuffed animal sloth and World Wildlife Fund can continue the amazing work they do!
2. Save the Fishies – If you have someone that wants to save our oceans (hey, hi, hello) buy them this ring and know you’re saving two birds with one stone!
3. Feral Female Tee – If you haven’t purchased my Feral Female Tee yet, what are you waiting for? It has sold out every time I’ve restocked, so like go get one now. 25% of profits are donated to ALIVE Rescue. Psst: there’s also a sweatshirt!
4. Fetch Sunglasses – If you like Warby Parker but love animals, meet Fetch eyewear. Every purchase supports animal rescue efforts… chic and charity driven.
5. Bath Bar – No that is not a ravioli (mmm ravioli) that is the King of Skin bath bar from Lush. I’m obsessed with Lush and their efforts to encourage cruelty-free lifestyles. I have dry skin so I’ve been eyeing this bar up for a long time (so feel free to gift this to me…).
6. Leaf Leggings – If you have someone on your list that is active and loves all kinds of animals, these For the Love of Animal leggings are for them. FTLA donates a big portion of their profits to rescue organizations.
7. Coffee – Coffee and animal lovers, this one is for you. Grounds and Hounds Coffee gives back 20% of their profits to animal rescues around the country.
8. Gentle Pit Sweats – You already know my love for The Gentle Pit, so here are your winter necessities. These sweats are lightweight and comfortable as heck. Lounge happy knowing your purchase helps animals.
9. Anti-Animal Cruelty Club – Looking for a gift under $20 that speaks to any animal lover? This bracelet is minimal and is the perfect accessory that supports animals in need.
10. Bow ties – If you’ve ever wanted to dress up your pup (style is key guys) check out Dapper Diesel. They donate 100% (yes… all of it) to rescues including Chicago Canine Rescue!
Welp, if you haven’t found anything yet for that animal-loving friend, I hope this guide helped! Don’t forget about the dog-lovers and cat-lovers gift guides as well! Plenty of purrrfect gifts there too.
I’m off to Philly this weekend to visit with our good friend Susan Russell! Stay tuned for all the fun.
Buck – This baby angel is good at giving hugs and kisses. Seriously. He just wants to be your best friend. He’s really good on the leash and was easy to walk. Buck is both handsome and oh-so-sweet. Take a look at his profile here.
Journey – Those ears. I can’t handle any of it. This baby girl is also a little lover with a low key personality. She looks like a puppy but doesn’t come with any of that crazy puppy energy. Journey’s full bio can be found here.
Thanks to Chicago Canine Rescue!
Real talk, this jumper is probably four years old but I still love it. You can shop a similar look below. I’ve paired it with tights, booties, and my favorite bell sleeve turtleneck!
All photos Margaret Rajic